The Bluenose Curling Club operates a modern, 4-sheet curling facility in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada. We offer curling opportunities for adults and youth aged 5 and up. Our total membership is approximately 200.
We welcome anyone considering curling as an activity to:
- Browse through our website
- Contact us by phone or email
- Join us for our Open Houses
- Join our Learn-to-Curl programs
- Visit the Club at any time
Adult Curling Leagues
Adult leagues operate Monday through Thursday in the afternoons from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and in the evenings from 7-9 p.m. (or 6:30-8:30 and 8:30-10:30 if two draws are required). All leagues are open to both male and female curlers. We divide the season into 2 or 3 sessions, or leagues. Our season runs from late October to late March or early April. Most leagues have individual entry, with the teams being made up by league convenors. Only Tuesday and Thursday evenings allow team-entry. Please check our League Descriptions for additional information.
We offer the following adult membershiip types:
- Full - unrestricted curling privileges.
- Once-per-Week - play or spare in one afternoon or evening league per week, may play in club fun-spiels and represent the club in provincial play.
- Flex Teams - New in 2014-15, individuals who cannot commit to curl on a weekly schedule, or new curlers who would like to curl together may join as a flex team of up to 6 members. Only 4 may play in a game. Please see a complete description elsewhere on this site.
We also offer part-year memberships for those who cannot curl for the full season. There are Fall (Oct.- Christmas) and winter (January - April) memberships in either a full or once-a-week category.
Each your we have a number of special bonspiels throughout the season with a thoroughly fun orientation. The Turkey Spiel and Lobster Spiel are two of the most popular.
New curlers are encourged to participate in our Learn-to-Curl Clinics or Novice Leagues that we run periodically.
We offer a Little Rocks program for those aged 5-12 and a Junior program for those aged 13-19.
You will find detailed information on these under the YOUTH tab at the top of the site.