The Bluenose Curling Club was established in 1853, making it the 3rd oldest club in the province and 16th oldest in Canada. For the first 20 years, curling was done outdoors on the harbour and on various ponds and inlets. The first indoor facility was opened in 1874. Artificial ice was not available until 1937 at the North Provost Street location. For 30 years, beginning in 1968, the Club operated out of a joint facility with the Abercrombie Golf Club in Abercrombie, just outside of New Glasgow. The Club is presently operating in its 5th location, a 4-sheet facility on Park Street, New Glasgow, built in 1990.
An interesting, detailed history is available here.